After much deliberation the RESTEasy team has decided to keep on working on RESTEasy 3.0.x and reinstate it in WildFly master.
Maintaining backward compatibility is currently one of the WildFly primary concerns, hence our decision.
RESTEasy 3.0.20.Final is now available. It comes with most of the bug fixes from 3.1.0.Final while retaining full API backward compatibility with former 3.0.x releases. It has been explicitly tested against WildFly 9.0.2.Final, 10.0.0.Final and 10.1.0.Final.
The team is continuing to actively develop both 3.0.x and 3.1.x code streams. We do plan to keep on backporting any backward compatible change from 3.1.x to 3.0.x. We encourage the community to download and use the 3.1.x releases too and provide feedback.
For some guidance about upgrading from the older RESTEasy versions, please see Upgrading From Resteasy 2 to Resteasy 3.
RESTEasy can run in any Servlet container, but tighter integration with WildFly Application Server is also available to make the user experience nicer in that environment.
- Portable to Tomcat and many other app-server
- Embeddedable server implementation for JUnit testing
- Enhanced client framework
- Client "Browser" cache. Supports HTTP 1.1 caching semantics including cache revalidation
- Server in-memory cache. Local response cache. Automatically handles ETag generation and cache revalidation
- Rich set of providers for: XML, JSON, YAML, Fastinfoset, Multipart, XOP, Atom, etc.
- JAXB marshalling into XML, JSON, Jackson, Fastinfoset, and Atom as well as wrappers for maps, arrays, lists, and sets of JAXB Objects.
- GZIP content-encoding
- Asynchronous HTTP (Comet) abstractions for JBoss Web, Tomcat 6, and Servlet 3.0
- Asynchronous Job Service.
- Rich interceptor model.
- OAuth2 and Distributed SSO with JBoss AS7
- Digital Signature and encryption support with S/MIME and DOSETA
- EJB, Seam, Guice, Spring, and Spring MVC integration
- 12/14/2016: 3.1.0.Final Release: Major cleanup, performance improvements, lots of dependencies upgrades, Vert.X adapter, improved testsuite.
- 8/19/2016: 3.0.19.Final Release: Maintenance
- 7/12/2016: 3.0.18.Final Release: Maintenance
- 5/23/2016: 3.0.17.Final Release: Maintenance
- 8/6/2015: 3.0.12.Final Release: Maintenance
- 3/20/2015 3.0.11.Final Release: Maintenance
- 10/23/2014 3.0.10.Final Release: Maintenance
- 9/17/2014 3.0.9.Final Release: Maintenance
- 3/31/2014 3.0.7.Final Release: Maintenance
- 12/11/2013 3.0.6.Final Release: Maintenance
- 10/31/2013 3.0.5.Final Release: Maintenance
- 9/5/2013 3.0.4.Final Feature release: Netty4, JWE, and other stuff
- 8/6/2013 3.0.3.Final Maintenance release
- 7/17/2013 3.0.2.Final, 2.3.7.Final. Maintenance
- 6/19/2013 3.0.1.Final Released. Quick bugfix.
- 6/18/2013 Resteasy 3.0.0.Final Released! JAX-RS 2.0, OAuth2, and other new features
- 5/30/2013 Resteasy 3.0-beta-6, JAX-RS 2.0 Preview, heading towards certification
- 5/7/2013 Resteasy 3.0-beta-5, JAX-RS 2.0 Preview, final spec update
- 4/10/2013 Resteasy 3.0-beta-4, JAX-RS 2.0 Preview, latest spec update
- 4/10/2013 Resteasy 2.3.6, maintenance
- 2/7/2013 Resteasy 3.0-beta-3, JAX-RS 2.0 Preview, latest spec update
- 1/24/2013 Resteasy 3.0-beta-2, JAX-RS 2.0 Preview, New OAuth2 Support
- 10/30/2012 Resteasy 3.0-beta-1, JAX-RS 2.0 Preview
- 10/22/2012 Restasy 2.3.5.Final Released, maintenance
- 5/29/2012 Resteasy 2.3.4.Final Released, maintenance plus some new features
- 4/30/2012 RESTEasy 2.3.3.Final Maintenance Release
- 1/18/2012 RESTEasy 2.3.1.GA Maintenance Release
- 12/5/2011 RESTEasy 2.3.0.GA Released with new security features
- 10/24/2011 RESTEasy 2.2.3.GA Maintenance Release
- 8/3/2011 RESTEasy 2.2.2.GA Maintenance Release
- 6/23/2011 RESTEasy 2.2.1.GA Maintenance Release
- 5/31/2011 RESTEasy 2.2.0.GA Released with new Signature framework
- 3/31/2011 Hornet 2.2.2 Released with REST interface
- 12/15/2010 RESTEasy 2.1.0.GA Released
- 8/10/2010. RESTEasy 2.0.1.GA Released
- 8/9/2010. HornetQ REST Interface built on top of RESTEasy Released
- July 20th, 2010. RESTEasy 2.0.0.GA released!
- November 3, 2009. RESTEasy 1.2.GA, lots of bug fixes
- June 17, 2009. RESTEasy 1.1.GA, lots of bug fixes and features
- February 12, 2009. RESTEasy 1.0.2.GA, another quick bug patch
- January 30, 2009. RESTEasy 1.0.1.GA, quick bug patch
- January 27, 2009. eWeek article on RESTEasy
- January 21, 2009. RESTEasy 1.0.0.GA released and certified
- RESTEasy 3.1.0.Final is out
- Dec 14, 2016 10:17 AM by Alessio Soldano
- Just in time before everybody goes and take some rest for Christmas... here we are with the long-awa…
- Yet another RESTEasy 3.1.0 candidate release...
- Nov 5, 2016 9:56 AM by Alessio Soldano
- Last month I was writing about RESTEasy 3.1.0.CR2 and telling you we would have gone Final soon... a…
- RESTEasy 3.1.0.CR2 is out
- Oct 5, 2016 9:46 AM by Alessio Soldano
- Just few days after CR1, here we are again with another candidate release version of RESTEasy 3.1.0.…
- RESTEasy 3.1.0.CR1 is out
- Oct 3, 2016 8:53 AM by Alessio Soldano
- Just a note to tell you that the first CR version of RESTEasy 3.1 has been tagged last Friday. The a…
- On the road to RESTEasy 3.1.0 release...
- Sep 13, 2016 12:06 PM by Alessio Soldano
- As you might have noticed on github, the team has been quite active on master during last months; af…
- New RESTEasy blog
- Sep 13, 2016 9:16 AM by Alessio Soldano
- With Bill Burke having moved to different projects and me now leading RESTEasy, it's time to open up…
- View more resteasy